April 7, 2018
Hilton Columbus at Easton
The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians is proud to announce a unique opportunity for family medicine practice teams to take part in a quality improvement (QI) summit. Practice teams will meet outside of their normal office setting and discuss the importance of effective and efficient teamwork and its impact on patient care.
Teams will hear from expert speakers in their chosen topic track on best practices in screening protocols, up-to-date guidelines, the importance of QI in patient care, and population health as a whole.
Participation in the Summit kick starts a six-month project where Summit participants will also utilize online modules that have been custom developed for each of the four clinical topics. By utilizing the modules, practices will be able to measure their team engagement, benchmark patient data, select a pathway for care delivery intervention, and re-measure outcome data after a six-month change period.
The modules will systematically guide participants through a Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) cycle as a method to improve patient care and recognize practice success. Overall, during the Summit, teams will learn the basic skills needed to prepare for a successful QI activity that will impact patients included in the clinical area of focus selected.
Participating Practices, Regardless of What Topic, Will Receive
- Free registration for up to four members of the care team to attend the Summit on Saturday, April 8, 2018, at the Hilton Columbus at Easton in Columbus
- Travel reimbursement for each team member attending the Summit
- A $250 stipend for each team that completes the chosen topic’s online module and any additional data collection requirements
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Live Prescribed continuing medical education (CME) credits for participation in the Summit
- American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) Family Medicine Certification Performance Improvement Activity credit and 20 AAFP CME credits once the chosen module is complete.
Application for continuing medical education credit will be filed with the AAFP.
A huge thank you to our program partners the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Association of Community Health Centers, and the American Cancer Society!